Dismantling including future security
Older commercial areas are increasingly being dismantled to make way for modern concepts. Even in urban planning, inner-city areas can often only be used for new purposes by demolition. This makes it all the more important to organize area recycling legally, economically and healthily, because the moral and economic added value of these properties is very important to us.
No demolition without planning
The risks of uncontrolled dismantling can by far exceed the supposed economic benefits. Therefore, the examination of the project is not only useful, but advisable. In an integrated deconstruction concept, UCP combines building design, building materials and ingredients, mass estimates and demolition procedures in compliance with legal regulations. In combination with usage-oriented hazard research, we also reduce the risks associated with area recycling and create solutions for added value on fallow land.
Problem substances are discovered
The year of construction, technical equipment and uses of building materials provide first information on possible problematic substances. To obtain information on disposal-relevant ingredients and materials, we inspect building materials and structures. In addition, we provide cost estimates, service specifications, and permit applications. And last but not least, we monitor the demolition measures.
Selected projects in the field of area recycling
Successful area recycling in Schwäbisch Gmünd
For a national horticultural show in 2014, the western city entrance of Schwäbisch Gmünd was redesigned. On some properties, commercial enterprises had been settled over a long time. The recycling of these areas gave the city a burden-free new entrée, which is enthusiastically accepted by citizens and visitors.
With the newly designed Gamundia Boulevard and the spectacularly golden Forum Gold and Silver, the city of Schwäbisch Gmünd welcomes visitors arriving from the west in a particularly attractive way. The realization of the project involved the dismantling of about 50,000 m³ of buildings with residential and commercial use.
For the future park and leisure area, not least dangers from earlier uses had to be researched. After all, garages, gas stations, a silverware factory and a vulcanization workshop were located on parts of the terrain.
- Recording the construction and usage history of building structures
- Classification of demolition materials without material and use-related suspicions
- Type and reference investigations on hazardous substances and waste management relevant ingredients
- Participation in service specifications and in awarding
- Preparation of risk assessments for future uses
- Notes on terrain modeling requirements for future use
- Waste management monitoring and documentation of the demolition measures
Advantages for the customer
- Planning and cost security for the acquisition and clearance of real estate
- Local knowledge and short communication channels
- Urban value creation
- Great acceptance by citizens
Successful area recycling in Winterbach
In 2006, the municipality Winterbach planned urban changes at the northern entrance. On the property was previously a gas station. Two buildings with underground parking were planned – as well as the redesign of traffic routes. A utility and protective goods related refurbishment was required. As early as 2007, decontamination was completed.
After being taken over by the municipality, the site was found to be contaminated with gas station-specific pollutants in the soil and groundwater. External influences could not be determined. Shell Oil Deutschland GmbH acknowledged the cause of the contamination during the period of use. A restructuring plan was approved in 2006 by the specialist authority.
The rehabilitation required an approximately watertight and safe excavation pit. As early as March 2007, decontamination was completed. Their success was confirmed by the aftercare until 2009.
- Detailed risk assessment with regard to the cause of the contamination and future uses
- Competent dialogue with authorities, engineers, architects and lawyers
- Fast processing and exchange of information with project participants
- Soil management with waste management requirements and monitoring of remediation in the contaminated area
- Participation in public relations
- Contract extension for subsoil assessment with foundation consultation by the municipality Winterbach
- Geotechnical expertise with information on characteristic indicators, groundwater conditions, foundation variants in connection with the required remediation (remediation plan) and information on earthworks in the contaminated area
- Participation in the planning and design of a back-anchored excavation pit as well as object-related and location-related economic foundations over bored piles
- Monitoring of building and foundation work as well as residual water retention
Advantages for the customer
- Competent advice on land recycling with clear research on the cause of contamination
- Acceptance at the technical authority and the mineral oil industry
- Cost savings through synergy effects from contaminated site management and subsoil assessment in one hand